Stolen from Sax Museum

The bulk of the musical talk
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Stolen from Sax Museum

Post by bisontuba »

FYI.....

I'm devastated to report that the C.G. Conn Family Bible (circa 1850) has been stolen from the Saxquest Saxophone Museum. Conn is the father of modern day musical instrument manufacturing in America and this was a treasured artifact in our museum. I saved this one-of-a-kind piece of history from going into a dumpster about 3 years ago in Elkhart, Indiana. In it was a very rare photograph of Suzanne - Mrs. CG Conn, his second wife. The bible has been on display for the general public in our museum for the past three years. Please see photos here for details.

I'm so saddened that someone would feel so privileged as to steal this from our museum collection. I ask you to please share this with anyone you know who collects musical instruments and musical instrument ephemera. Please help us keep a vigilant eye out for this for as long as it takes so we can return it as quickly as possible. Whomever stole it has to know that we will aggressively pursue its return.

Thanks for your help in spreading the word!!! Please contact Mark Overton at Saxquest with any information if you see or hear of anything. Thanks again.