Question about small front action horns

The bulk of the musical talk
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Re: Question about small front action horns

Post by windshieldbug »

Something that works for me is to place your left hand as though you were going to use the fourth valve with your left index finger (whether you do or not)...
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

windshieldbug wrote:Something that works for me is to place your left hand as though you were going to use the fourth valve with your left index finger (whether you do or not)...
The new front action euphonium has thumb ring positioned to use 4th valve with left hand, so that may help even if you keep the finger beside the valve, rather than using to operate.

I may consider including carrying rings on production Festivo, as there seems to be a lot of interest in using for marching where it should be easier to carry than 3+1
euphonium.

bububassboner
pro musician
pro musician

Post by bububassboner »

For me that valve angle is my favorite. I'm 5,9 and a pretty averaged sized dude. For me it's a much more natural angle for my wrist. My F (rusk cut York) my Eb (rusk built York) and my 4/4 CC (my own creation) all have this valve angle. I can see though how this valve set up may be weird for someone with a large wingspan.

Building 5th valve linkage for a valve after the main tuning slide has been an issue for me with this setup. Most of these set ups either have the valve before the pistons or after the pistons but before the main slide. If any of you have a good setup I'd love to see it. Everything I've tried or have seen haven't worked to my liking.
Big tubas
Little tubas
Army Strong
Go Ducks!
Bob Kolada
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Bob Kolada »

It's because the makers almost always design the length of the paddles to seemingly only fit 5 year olds. I'd like to see 1 slightly longer than 2 and 2, 3, and 4 about the same length.
k001k47
5 valves
5 valves

Post by k001k47 »

This should help taller guys like you:

http://stores.quickhornrinse.com/lpt-00 ... m-lap-pad/

I also recall someone showing off an ergo brass-like stand they built for their small Eb.
http://www.ergobrass.com/cor/eng/eng_cor_etusivu.html