F Tuba mouthpiece

The bulk of the musical talk
Will
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Will »

I use both Roger Bobo mouthpieces (symphonic and solo). I use mostly the solo now. I get a huge sound out of it with no problems in the low and pedal range.

Will
Music Teacher
Tubadork
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Tubadork »

Hey,
I'll be back in ATL the 1st week of May and I've got way too many MPC's so if you wanted to get together and try some out that's cool with me.
Bill Pritchard
WOO HOO!! I LEAVE TUESDAY!!!!
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.

Huttl for life
vmi5198
bugler
bugler

Post by vmi5198 »

I would ask that you think about your question before you complain about the answers you receive. I believe if you will examine your questions a bit more you will understand why you receive the answers you get.

As an example, If I were to ask someone "Will a new soft drink taste good to me?" There is no way to answer that as only I know what tastes good to me. You can not tell me a straight answer except to reference it to a well known exisiting product which I could then use as a comparison to form my own answer.

Mouthpieces are a very personal thing for many of us. What works well for me might not be a good fit for someone else even on the same horn.
This is a response I recently got to my question... hope it helps you out the same way it did for me! :lol:
Mark Preece

BE 983
VMI 5198 Neptune
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Billy M. »

I currently have a gold Mike Finn MF4 for sale if you're interested. Contact me privately.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)
ABQtuba
bugler
bugler

Post by ABQtuba »

With my Yamaha F, which is roughly the same size as the MW 182, I use a Bach 32E. It has a deep cup but an inside diameter that's about 0.10" smaller than the popular Bach 18. I had that mouthpiece 20 years before I found a horn to go with it. The 32E worked better for me on the F horn than other deep-cup mouthpieces (Conn Helleberg, Bach 7) or than the Yamaha 67C4 that came with the horn.
ABQtuba
King 2341
Reynolds Contempora
Yamaha YBB-621