Survey: Best TUBAmobile

The bulk of the musical talk

What kind of vehicle do you use for tuba transport?

Sedan
32%
SUV
42%
Mini Van
12%
Truck
14%

Total votes: 107

williamp
bugler
bugler

Re: Survey: Best TUBAmobile

Post by williamp »

I recently picked up a RAM Promaster City for band use. The cool thing is it came with four tie-downs in the back that perfectly fit my case-less helicon. We did a gig where I toted my spouse, banjo player and two violinists to a gig with all our instruments and library quite comfortably.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3104493444" target="_blank" target="_blank
Voisi1ev
bugler
bugler

Post by Voisi1ev »

russiantuba wrote: My wife thinks I am crazy bringing my CC tuba when looking at cars to see how it fits in the trunk...but to me, this is an important step in deciding on a car to purchase....

It for sure saved me, fits real easy in the back of the crew cab, especially with the seats folded up.
Tubaru
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubaru »

For the last seven years I have been driving a Subaru Forester. I find it to have plenty of room for two+ tubas plus, bags and stands and mutes etc. You can also fit a 3/4 sized bass. My wife and I both play in the local community orchestra. She plays bass and I play tuba and we can fit both in the back of the Forester and still have a little room to spare. I also gets decent gas mileage for me, around 25mph average. Of course being a Subaru I had to nickname it the TUBARU.
Wessex Chicago-York CC
Wessex Linz F
Wessex Dolce EP100GB
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Tubaru wrote:My wife and I both play in the local community orchestra. She plays bass...
Lucky man.

If my wife played bass, I could covet her gear and wear her clothes!! :shock:

:oops:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.