Rocky Mountain States ITEA conference

The bulk of the musical talk
bigboom
bugler
bugler

Rocky Mountain States ITEA conference

Post by bigboom »

I just want to make sure that everyone who can possibly make it to RMS-ITEA this weekend. I was there today and there were some amazing recitals like the one with Adam Frey, he is absolutely amazing and is playing again on Saturday. There were Tuba/Euphonium ensembles from the University of Northern Colorado and Brigham Young University. The Master class with Bill Clarke was great, there wasn't a soul there that didn't learn something about Dixieland playing and soloing, as well as jazz playing. I know I am leaving some names out that should be on here but that is just a hint of the kind of stuff that will be there again on Saturday. I hope to see some more people there, Friday's attendence was very low. Here is a link to the website with the schedule:

http://usonia.unco.edu/music/brassperc/RMSITEA.html

Ben Dennis
Pippen
bugler
bugler

Post by Pippen »

I feel your pain, DP. I was hunting for a good used euphonium for my son (well, and for his mother too :wink:) when I came across the announcement for MWRTEC which included a tribute concert for Ed Livingston...two weeks after the fact. I studied with him and still live near campus and would dearly have loved to have been there.

Twenty years and I miss it by two stinkin' weeks. Sigh...