Undergraduate Tuba Student needed in South Florida

The bulk of the musical talk
Jay Bertolet
pro musician
pro musician

Undergraduate Tuba Student needed in South Florida

Post by Jay Bertolet »

The Conservatory of Music at Lynn University has an opening for one performance oriented tuba student for the upcoming school year (05-06). The Conservatory is a true music conservatory setting with a performance degree track and lots of playing opportunities. There are never more than two tuba students in the Conservatory at any time and the student that accepts the available full scholarship will be the only player in the Conservatory. That player will be very busy, playing in orchestra, wind ensemble, brass quintet (coached by an Empire Brass member), and various other chamber ensembles as needed. The student will be studying privately with me.

Lynn University is located in Boca Raton, Florida. The campus is small and the Conservatory is recently joined with Lynn University. Formerly this music conservatory was known as the Harid Conservatory. In particular, the Conservatory has an excellent string program which allow the orchestra to perform some excellent repertoire. Highlights this year include Mahler's 1st and Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet. Among other works on the programs next year are Rachmaninoff's 2nd and Tchaikovsky's 4th.

If you have any questions about the program at the Conservatory, please feel free to contact me directly. We are actively seeking one student for next school year and it is not too late to apply! Like I said earlier, there is a full scholarship available for the qualified candidate.

Jay Bertolet
Artist Faculty - Tuba

P.S.> If you're interested in applying, please send me an email and we can work out the details. The email link at the bottom of this posting is functional. JB
Last edited by Jay Bertolet on Sat Apr 09, 2005 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion for what it's worth...

Principal Tuba - Miami Symphony, Kravis Pops
Tuba/Euphonium Instructor - Florida International University,
Broward College, Miami Summer Music Festival
nimrod480
bugler
bugler

Post by nimrod480 »

How chould i apply?
Nimrod Ron
Iceland Symphony Orchestra
Jay Bertolet
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Jay Bertolet »

bump
My opinion for what it's worth...

Principal Tuba - Miami Symphony, Kravis Pops
Tuba/Euphonium Instructor - Florida International University,
Broward College, Miami Summer Music Festival
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

Someone check this out.

Looks to be some excellent chances of playing the tuba and getting some good instruction.

Also, you don't have to travel far to have a kick-butt vacation and Spring Break.
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
Matt G
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Matt G »

Bump for FL if the spot is still open...
Dillon/Walters CC
Meinl Weston 2165
winston
pro musician
pro musician

Post by winston »

Winston Hind
The Naden Band of the Royal Canadian Navy