GW Mouthpieces

The bulk of the musical talk
adam0408
3 valves
3 valves

GW Mouthpieces

Post by adam0408 »

I have heard some minor buzzing about GW mouthpieces on this forum, but on searching, I came up with a blank. I am interested in trying out one of these pieces... does anyone know how I could accomplish this?

Also, any thoughts on the new Alan Baer mouthpiece from them? I wonder... would it be worth the preorder price? I am currently looking for a mouthpiece more for solo work since I have a piece that works really great for me for other stuff. Basically I want to figure out if I am a "one mouthpiece guy," or if there are other good ones out there for me.
KarlMarx
bugler
bugler

Post by KarlMarx »

Philip Jensen
bugler
bugler

Post by Philip Jensen »

Just go here:

search.php

and type in "stainless steel". You'll find all kinds of information there.

Philip "eagerly awaiting the arrival of his Alan Baer model in Ti!" Jensen
Miraphone Norwegian Star Eb
King 4V BBb ~1913
Holton 4V Eb 1920
Holton 3V Eb 1930
Philip Jensen
bugler
bugler

Post by Philip Jensen »

Ivan said they are doing a production run of the new Alan Baer mouthpieces in Stainless Steel right now. While they are doing these, they are going to do one in Titanium for me, This will be the first one of this model made of Ti, even Ivan hasn't tried it yet. The SS ones are supposed to ship April 22nd so I assume mine will ship then too, or shortly thereafter.

At the Army tuba conference I compared the two models I already own in Stainlesswith their Ti coutherparts. I both cases I liked the Ti version better. So I was planning on buying a Ti mouthpiece anyway and Ivan convinced me to give the Alan Baer model a try. He knows my playing and likes and dislikes so I trust his judgement.
Miraphone Norwegian Star Eb
King 4V BBb ~1913
Holton 4V Eb 1920
Holton 3V Eb 1930