Graduate Schools

The bulk of the musical talk
adam0408
3 valves
3 valves

Graduate Schools

Post by adam0408 »

I am looking into graduate school right now for tuba performance. I kind of want to stay close to Minnesota, but if there is someplace that will give me a far superior experience, I would like to know.

I am looking for a school that will offer me lots of playing opportunities but still have some healthy competition, a good overall vibe, and a knowledgeable and nice professor. I need a place that is positive and motivating, because goodness knows I have been through enough negative stuff in my past 3 1/2 years of undergrad work...(mostly my own dumb fault)

Also, what kind of a situation should I expect as far as an audition goes?

Oh my casual options (I havent even begun to think about any of them seriously) right now are:

U of Minnesota, twin cities
U of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
North Texas?? I say this casually because a buddy of mine might be going there for electric bass.
adam0408
3 valves
3 valves

Post by adam0408 »

so somebody was misled... or I misheard them when they said Eau Claire had a graduate program. OOPS.
chevy68chv
bugler
bugler

Post by chevy68chv »

I think its Madison that has a grad program. Beloit may have one also.
Meinl Weston 2155
Miraphone 181
dtemp
3 valves
3 valves

Post by dtemp »

adam0408 wrote:so somebody was misled... or I misheard them when they said Eau Claire had a graduate program. OOPS.
Eau Claire used to have a grad tuba program. I believe Paul Budde at Gustavas was one of the last to graduate from it. Budget cuts rule...
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Post by Dylan King »

Come out to the coast and get some sun and Tommy Johnson.