Devoe arrangement of "Here's that Rainy Day"

The bulk of the musical talk
BWBTuba
lurker
lurker

Devoe arrangement of "Here's that Rainy Day"

Post by BWBTuba »

Posted this on the original thread, which was last active in 2012, but not sure how anyone would see it unless they were specifically looking for it. Apologies if starting a new thread on an old topic is frowned upon, but thought it would be more expedient to begin the discussion again with a new message.

The original post on TubeNet inquired about a brass quintet arrangement of "Here's that Rainy Day" by Dale Devoe, which has been performed by the Philadelphia Brass Quintet. Terrific arrangement...begins with the tuba playing the melody. The Philadelphia Brass has recorded the piece, it is available on one of their CDs, and a brief excerpt is included on their web page. The original question in the thread was whether the music was available, and if so, through what publisher. Apparently, it was still unpublished, at the time of the original post, but someone was going to check to see if they could find the contact info for the arranger. If anyone knows more about this arrangement, and its current availability, information would be much appreciated.
Doug Elliott
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Devoe arrangement of "Here's that Rainy Day"

Post by Doug Elliott »

I am playing 3 gigs with Dale this weekend. If I think of it I'll ask him.
Doug Elliott
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Doug Elliott »

Dale said he remembered the chart but it was a long time ago. He'll look and see if he still has it.
Walter Webb
3 valves
3 valves
Location: Somewhere in the boondocks between Sacramento and Reno

Post by Walter Webb »

I recall a big band jazz chart of this tune that utilized a trombone choir, and an optional tuba part was available... probably not what youre looking for...
Doug Elliott
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Doug Elliott »

I'm in contact with Dale and he now has new Finale printouts of his quintet charts of Rainy Day and I'm Getting Sentimental available. PM me if you're interested and I'll put you in touch with him.