Flooding problems result in band troubles

The bulk of the musical talk
bisontuba
6 valves
6 valves

Flooding problems result in band troubles

Post by bisontuba »

FYI from Facebook:

From Bandworks owner Patrick Burns: "In April, I had the great pleasure of conducting the 2016 Kanawha County, High School Honor Band in Charleston, West Virginia. Everywhere I travel to conduct, the kids and directors are wonderful, and this beautiful place was no exception. Unfortunately, many areas of West Virginia - including Kanawha County - have been devastated by the recent and prolonged flooding.

The plight of one school in particular has been brought to my attention by one of the honor band members I met this past April. The Herbert Hoover High School Band in Sissonville lost everything - instruments, uniforms, music - the whole lot. Accordingly, Bandworks Publications will be donating 10% of our gross sales for June/July/August to the HHHS Band Boosters in order to help the recovery effort in our own small way.

As a company, we donate approximately 10% of our annual sales to various charities, and since I have a personal connection to these wonderful students and directors I think it's only appropriate that I offer what assistance I can. If you are inclined to add your support, please click on the link below. Many thanks for your consideration."

http://www.hhhsband.com" target="_blank