Source for .625 bore valveset?

The bulk of the musical talk
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Source for .625 bore valveset?

Post by roweenie »

I've got a project percolating in my head that will require a small-bore 4 piston side-action valve set, somewhere around 16 mm (.625 - 5/8") or thereabouts).

Is there anything like that available? The smallest tuba valveset I'm familiar with is the Conn .656 (21/32) one.....
"Even a broken clock is right twice a day".
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Source for .625 bore valveset?

Post by roweenie »

bloke wrote:
roweenie wrote:I've got a project percolating in my head that will require a small-bore 4 piston valve set, somewhere around 16 mm (.625 - 5/8") or thereabouts).

Is there anything like that available? The smallest tuba valveset I'm familiar with is the Conn .656 (21/32) one.....
There were some very small (14" bell) 1920's Eb tubas made by Conn that are precisely that bore size.
How much dough would you irresponsibly be willing to spend on such a valveset? (I have my eye on a nice 2016 Z06. I tend to leave late for rehearsals and gigs...answering emails about mouthpieces/instruments/offered gigs...trying to finish up "just one more repair"...etc...)

Do you like the stealthy paint scheme...?? I prefer not to draw too much attention to myself when flying down I-40 @ c. 180 mph. Personally, (though carbon fiber, and not metal) I think it looks even better than a Bear model...What do you think...??

Nice car, but I don't think it's quite in your character, or style, or price range (or mine, for that matter). Also, I think it's quite impractical; where would you park it while at the gig - and most importantly, would a Siegfried fit in the trunk, or would you have to leave it on the back seat? :wink:

As to price, I might go as high as a dollar three-eighty, but only if I absolutely have to....

That's a beautiful horn, Mark! If I had one of those, I'd certainly not be using it for parts!!!
Last edited by roweenie on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I had a crisis a few years ago, almost got one of these...

Settled for this...

You know how I feel about four valves so that's all I got!!

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
roweenie
pro musician
pro musician

Post by roweenie »

Three Valves wrote:I had a crisis a few years ago, almost got one of these...

Settled for this...

You know how I feel about four valves so that's all I got!!

:tuba:
I had a crisis and wanted one of these:

...and settled for this:

Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

roweenie wrote:
...and settled for this:

I like this^^^

That Packard wouldn't fit in the garage anyway!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.