Opinions on the Eastman CC tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
BBruce107
3 valves
3 valves

Opinions on the Eastman CC tuba

Post by BBruce107 »

Hi all, I have recently found myself looking into CC tubas and I found this horn at Dillons Music and I was curious if anyone has played this horn and has insight to how it plays? How would they compare to the Wiseman 900?
Brandon Bruce
Principal Tuba Gaylord Symphony Orchestra
Principal Tuba Alpena Symphony Orchestra
Tubadork
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Opinions on the Eastman CC tuba

Post by Tubadork »

What he said.
b
Without inner peace, outer peace is impossible.

Huttl for life
Ferguson
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Ferguson »

I have both the Wisemann and Eastman CC in the showroom. The Eastman looks like such a little tuba, but it's the American style, the sound is big and mellow with that wide bell, and it's pretty captivating. The workmanship, fit and finish, is the best of the China tubas of late. It's a nimble horn, no quirks that I notice. Well put together, good parts and service.

The Wisemann is a big orchestra horn, physically much larger to hold, but a good player as well. Not as weighty as the JP 379, though it's larger than the JP. Fit and finish and valve cap threading is not as clean on the Wisemann as it is on the Eastman.

The Eastman can be had with a factory hard case or without, When they ship without, it arrives in a half-finished case-like plywood sarcophagus for easy shipping. We have a Cronkhite soft case reserved for our Eastman (King 2341 size), but don't yet have gig bag choices sorted out going forward. Maybe the Protec Platinum smaller gig bag. It might still be too big.
-F
/hornguys
//plug
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

A review from a little while ago:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=70584&p=576715&hili ... an#p576715" target="_blank
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Post by DouglasJB »

I love my Eastman, one of the best CC tubas I have ever played. I had an Alteri gig bag with my G50 that I kept, it's a perfect fit for the horn, but I'd like to find a better option in time
jsmn4vu
bugler
bugler

Post by jsmn4vu »

I've been playing only the Eastman for about 15 months, that is, it does everything I need, from quintet to orchestra. Can only echo what everyone else has said. Buy with confidence.
John in Atlanta

Eastman EBC632
Wisemann DTU-510
Conn 88H
Bach Strad LT16M
1972 King 3B
1955 Olds Ambassador trombone
King Flugabone