Olds 98 = Olds 98 duh.
Detachable bell = landau roof!

MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Re: What Kind of Car is Your Horn?

Post by MaryAnn »

Rick Denney wrote: The Yamaha 621 F tuba:

The Datsun 2000 emerged from Japan's prior love affair with British cars, and the 621 is rather British in concept. In addition, of course, to being small, nimble, and quick. And, it must be said, without the propensity to fail at inopportune moments. But you cannot move furniture with it.

Rick Denney
Guess what? Back in about 1970 or so I and then-husband owned a Datsun 2000 exactly like that one except the roll bar was black. Talk about memories!!! No, you can't move furniture with it but you can put on a hitch and tow your stuff. We bought what turned out to be an old casket wagon and moved from Oregon to Memphis with our Datsun, I remember loading the wagon in 35 degrees and raining weather. That is Oregon in November for you. Here, the equivalent is 110 degrees and sunny.
MartyNeilan
6 valves
6 valves

Post by MartyNeilan »

LCTuba89
bugler
bugler

Post by LCTuba89 »

A new crew cab Ford 350: It's large (6/4 size), can carry the entire band (sound), weighs a butt ton (weight), purs on the deep notes (great lows), pretty new (2015), a bit more fuel efficient than it's competitors but still a guzzler if you lay into the throttle (not much of an air hog), transmission is automatic but shifts a little odd at times (intonation is pretty solid), and not made in the USA (Made in China).
Melton 2155R 5/4 CC Tuba
Conn International Rotary 4/4 BBb Tuba
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

I'm still trying to find a small, reliable, inexpensive, no frills, Chinese copy of a Japanese car. :oops:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Still trying...
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.