Wessex Tuba??

The bulk of the musical talk
TubaofGilman
bugler
bugler

Wessex Tuba??

Post by TubaofGilman »

Have you guys have you seen Wessex's new website design. Wow very informative!! Very colorful!! Very nice pictures of all the Tubas!!
Also guys I was looking forward to attending the Tuba Conference in Feb. at Fort Myer. Not able to attend now. Please take a lot of pictures and videos.
Thanks In Advance
Last edited by TubaofGilman on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mack Brass 410 CC and St. Petersburg 3v Eb
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Re: Wessex Tuba??

Post by Wyvern »

Pleased you like the new website. It is not quite finished, so more will be going up, but I wanted it to go live before the US Army workshop.

Please note there is now just one website http://www.Wessex-Tubas.com for customers around the world, which through clever technology presents the relevant currency and contact details according to where you are.
Ace
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Ace »

Jonathan, are you selling any Wessex brass instruments to the British military?

Ace
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas
Location: Hampshire, England when not travelling around the world on Wessex business

Post by Wyvern »

Ace wrote:Jonathan, are you selling any Wessex brass instruments to the British military?

Ace
Owned by players in military bands, but not yet direct to British military - we need to be approved as authorised supplier to the MOD first.
masonatha
lurker
lurker

Post by masonatha »

I hadn't even seen the change to the Wessex website until I saw this post. Thanks! I see there were some stock changes too. No more BBb contrabass trombone... :shock:
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Post by edsel585960 »

I like the new website! Just waiting for those BBb helicons to come out. :)
Conn 20-21 J
Conn 10J, Conn 26 K, Martin Mammoth, Mirafone 186, Soviet Helicon, Holton Raincatcher Sousaphone, Yamaha 103, King 1240.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

edsel585960 wrote:I like the new website! Just waiting for those BBb helicons to come out. :)
YES!!

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

58mark wrote:The photos are good, but I miss the full time navigation bar that lets you jump from category to category

Also, am I the only one who thinks that it's weird that fluglehorns aren't in the trumpet section, but instead in the brass band section?

Doesn't wessex have a physical building here in the USA? It would be nice to include a contact number for us on this side of the pond so we don't have to pay for an international phone call
I will look at the navigation on my return to UK.

Flugelhorn are under brass band and horns. I would not consider them trumpets.

The system should present you with correct contact for your location. Are you not seeing the US contact details? If you can send me screenshot, then I will get it looked into. Like any IT development there are teething problems which we are sorting as they come to light. Below is what I am seeing from Michigan. If you are in USA and not getting those contact details using US network, then please let me know
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

Thanks Mark - we will check that out
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

I've never heard the term "Double Plug Bass Trombone" before... just me?

Nice pictures!
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

edsel585960 wrote:I like the new website! Just waiting for those BBb helicons to come out. :)
Yeah. I was bummed that the prototype wasn't at NAMM. I really wanted to give it a toot.
Kirley
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Kirley »

Just checked out the website. Looks great!

Jonathan, what can you tell us about the sousaphone gig bag? No picture yet.

As you've probably heard from us disgruntled sousaphonists, there is much room for improvement in the world of sousaphone bags. Glad to see you're throwing your hat in the ring!
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

I will try and get pictures up soon. The design is very similar to ProTech sousaphone gig bag
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Post by thevillagetuba »

Are there any specs for the Young1R mouthpiece? Which horn was it designed for? Thanks.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype
marccromme
3 valves
3 valves

Post by marccromme »

Wyvern wrote: Please note there is now just one website http://www.Wessex-Tubas.com for customers around the world, which through clever technology presents the relevant currency and contact details according to where you are.
Hmm, nice look, but I really miss the browsing menu you had before. And seen from DK, it shows prices in US Dollar, but Pound Sterling would be preferred seen from anywhere in the EU ... so much for clever technology ... maybe a manual switch from British to American would be preferrable?? Just a thought.
Yamaha YEB-321 Eb 4v TA tuba
Meinl-Weston 2141 Eb 5v FA tuba
Hirsbrunner Bb 3v TA compensated euph
Wessex Dolce Bb 3+1v TA compensated euph
Alto/tenor/bass trombones in various sizes/plugs
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

From the "German Tenor Horn" page: "This is the correct horn for playing the solo in Mahler’s Symphony No 7. It is a lovely playing instrument with destructive tone."

Somehow I don't think "destructive" is what you meant. Maybe "distinctive".
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

GC wrote:From the "German Tenor Horn" page: "This is the correct horn for playing the solo in Mahler’s Symphony No 7. It is a lovely playing instrument with destructive tone."

Thanks, you win the proof readers award :)
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

Sorry, couldn't resist.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
Wyvern
Wessex Tubas
Wessex Tubas

Post by Wyvern »

58mark wrote:The photos are good, but I miss the full time navigation bar that lets you jump from category to category
Always responsive to customer feedback, your wish has been applied - although it in the form of selection list, so as not to mess up format of website
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

GC wrote:From the "German Tenor Horn" page: "This is the correct horn for playing the solo in Mahler’s Symphony No 7. It is a lovely playing instrument with destructive tone."

I just thought that was part of Jonathan's Sino-UK charm!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.