Old Method book now republished

The bulk of the musical talk
Navytubaman
pro musician
pro musician

Old Method book now republished

Post by Navytubaman »

TO ALL - Once again I announce that the Walter M. Eby Scientific Method book for tuba is published and avaialble.

It is available as a digital download in a PDF file from qpress - they hold the rights to the book and are making it available on their site.

The new book is nearly 200 pages and includes both original volumes. For $29.99 it's a great deal! Thank you to qpress for the work to revive this terrific series! - https://qpress.ca/product/ebys-scientif ... -tuba-pdf/" target="_blank" target="_blank

For any Euphonium players looking for something to teach from or play, try the Walter Eby Trumpet Method, also available on the qpress sight.

If you don't know the book, it is one of my personal absolute favorites. It contains everything you need and I still play from mine daily. It contains etudes based on all the scales, articulation, slur, flexibility, flow studies, melodic long tones, melodies, solo's, excerpts, and all you could ask for in a book.

DISCLAIMER - To those that complained about my original post - Simply put, I am a historical music fan and enjoy keeping printed music and performance of historic works alive. After researching the copyrights to the book I found that qpress held the rights to the book and was willing to make it available once again. I am not selling the book, nor do I profit in any way from any sale from the book. I simply am a fan of the book, have used it for more than 25 years in my teaching and daily playing, and I wanted to share with fellow tubists that it is once again available and no longer lost to history.

I find it playable by all levels of players and a welcome departure from what most people are using. Yes, it is a digital download. Yes, it is for sale on a predominantly trumpet music sight, but they hold the rights to it. Yes, I believe it's a worthwhile book and for $29.99 a worthwhile purchase.

Thank you for reading. If you do purchase I hope you enjoy. Play etudes and exercises as written, then try them down an octave, up an octave, and you will get a fantastic work out!
J.K. Diamond
Retired, and enjoying it!
202 Army Band
U.S. Navy Band Washington, D.C.
Teaching back home
in Kentucky once again...
Michael Bush
FAQ Czar

Re: Old Method book now republished

Post by Michael Bush »

$4.78 later, it is a hard copy book. I am more than satisfied.