Opinions Needed On Best Tuba Stand Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Re: Opinions Needed On Best Tuba Stand

Postby TUbajohn20J » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:39 pm

My trusty Wenger stand has never let me down. It's very heavy duty and strong. It's a good stand if you don't have to transport it everywhere because it's heavy. It stays in the corner of my room and the tuba goes on it every night.
Conn 10J
Conn 26J
Conn 40K
TUbajohn20J
4 valves
4 valves

Postby edsel585960 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:07 am

I know they are not in vogue anymore but the Wenger Tuba Tamer Is the best IMHO. They are heavy but steady. A twister could RIP the house apart and the tamer and tuba will still be sitting there. :)
20-21 J
22 J
Olds 99
26 K, Wessex Mighty Midget, Cerveny 693, Mirafone 186, MW 20
edsel585960
5 valves
5 valves

Postby Three Valves » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:25 am

WagnerRing wrote:How about "tuba pallet" type stands? This design seems space efficient and allows storing the tuba bell down, while limiting risk for accidental damage from tipping over. Anyone using a tuba pallet for storage? For example the tuba pallet from BBC?

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/picture.php?table=Accessories&id=22

That was my second choice.

(Corrected for pagination)
Last edited by Three Valves on Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who needs four valves??

Mack Brass Artiste
Mackbrunner 210L
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Postby WagnerRing » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:32 pm

How about "tuba pallet" type stands? This design seems space efficient and allows storing the tuba bell down, while limiting risk for accidental damage from tipping over. Anyone using a tuba pallet for storage? For example the tuba pallet from BBC?

http://www.baltimorebrass.net/picture.p ... ries&id=22" target="_blank
WagnerRing
bugler
bugler

Postby barry grrr-ero » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:32 pm

I just ordered a K&M "King Size" stand for my Neptune. I had to pull the arms outward on the normal size K&M. I also put rubber padding on those arms, but it's still a stretch (no pun intended). I think the king size will do the trick.

Mary Ann, these stands are essential for risers, pits and smaller stages - anywhere you don't have space to lay the tuba flat. The Neptune is too big to set it on its bell, although some people do that with large tubas anyway.
barry grrr-ero
3 valves
3 valves

Previous

Return to TubeNet