Dvorak 7 - part needed

The bulk of the musical talk
Toobist
pro musician
pro musician

Dvorak 7 - part needed

Post by Toobist »

Hi all,

Just looking for the tuba part for Dvorak 7. Anyone have a pdf to email me? I downloaded it on from IMSLP last week, but can't find it now. I'd forgotten it at home and I wanted to practice today is all.

Thanks in advance!
Al

toobist (at) gmail . com
Al Carter
Kitchener, Ontario
THE TUBA
Deletedaccounts
Deletedaccounts

Re: Dvorak 7 - part needed

Post by THE TUBA »

I might be wrong, but if I recall correctly Dvorak 7 only has trombone parts, no tuba. Unless of course you're looking for an added tuba part similar to the one folks use when playing #9.
[/post]
Toobist
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Dvorak 7 - brain needed, not part

Post by Toobist »

bloke wrote:"Finale" mvt. would (as I recall) be OK as a sometimes play-along with bass 'bone, but the other mvt's., I'm thinking, would be too heavy if any doubling occurred.

no tuba pt.
Ooooops! Wish I could say it was a typo. It was Symphony #6 all along. My brain and I just haven't been getting along really well lately.

Part found (because it exists and was on IMSLP all along like the first time I downloaded it!).
Al Carter
Kitchener, Ontario
doublebuzzing
3 valves
3 valves

Post by doublebuzzing »

I think 7 is probably his greatest symphony but it would still sound better with a tuba :D
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

Dvorak 7 is so well written that a tuba would either add little if anything, or simply muddy up the works. Sorry, but it's just an opinion.