JP377

The bulk of the musical talk
DANWH
lurker
lurker

JP377

Post by DANWH »

Hello all. I am new to this forum, but have been "lurking" for some time. This seems to be the place to talk tuba, so here I go. I am looking at the JP377 Sterling, from what I read, this seems to be a very well built horn for the money. I currently play a YBB641 in couple of larger community and municipal bands, this horn works well for me there, but I also play in a smaller (7 piece) brass group and would like a lighter more responsive E flat for that. My question is, can someone give me an idea of the playing characteristics of this horn? I am not a professional player, but I have been playing tuba and euphonium for over 40 years and really enjoy it. I had a Sterling compensating euph and liked it a lot. The price is a big draw for me as its about half of a Willson or Yamaha, but the closest stocking dealer is still 500 miles away from me. I don't want drive all that way to test blow and be disappointed. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks, Dan
Billy M.
4 valves
4 valves

Re: JP377

Post by Billy M. »

The appropriate person to ask here would be Bloke. He is a John Packer instrument dealer and is a very straight shooter when it comes to any products he sells.

I would send him a message or give him a call.
Romans 3:23-24

Billy Morris
Rudolf Meinl Model 45, Musikmesse Horn
Boosey & Hawkes Imperial Eb (19" Bell)
1968 Besson New Standard Eb (15" Bell)