Recital livestream recap and next recital question

The bulk of the musical talk
one.kidney
bugler
bugler

Recital livestream recap and next recital question

Post by one.kidney »

Hey all!
I'm terribly sorry, but there was some issues with recording the recital and setting up the livestream, so there was no link. I'm very sorry about that. BUT... I did have a friend who ended up recording it so if I can find a way to upload the WAV files he took to a public dropbox thing, I will share the link with you all.

Secondly, now that my HS senior recital is over, I am now starting on recital rep. for my 1st semester in college, if that is preferrable or not.... I want to try and do a recital a semester, up until around my junior year. I've already started working on it, but I wanted to know what you all thought about this recital line-up.

Broughton-Sontata/concerto
Encounters 2
Arutuinian-concerto
Plog-3 miniatures
Blue Bells of Sotland

how does that sound? and is it advisable to do a recital your first semester of college?
IU Jacobs School of music BM Performance
Miraphone 1292 "New Yorker" CC
Miraphone Firebird 6v F
fenne1ca
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Recital livestream recap and next recital question

Post by fenne1ca »

This is a TubeNet classic response, but:

Ask your teacher.

Of course, still practice the pieces, and work on your craft, but definitely consult your tuba teacher. I don't know what your music program norms, class schedule, and recital hall availability will be like, but all of this will factor in heavily. For what it's worth, 1 recital *per year* is pretty ambitious for a full-time student, in my experience.
Chris Fenner
1918 Keefer Eb
191? Keefer BBb Helicon