A very nice and enjoyable performance! Thank you very much for sharing :D
Conn 25J
Holton 3+1 "Monster" EEb
Wessex XL
Giddings and Kelly Mouthpieces
Stephen Shoop
bugler
bugler

Re: Soloing with a LARGE CC (Happy Farmer)

Post by Stephen Shoop »

This rendition of The Happy Farmer (arranged by Paul Lavalle) will be available soon... including (1) full coil-bound score, (2) solo and band parts, and (3) photocopy of Mr. Bell's original solo part inscribed "Bill Bell.... NBC Studios.... 10:00)." The piece has been temporarily out-of-print for a little while. After a few minor corrections and adjustments are made I'll print up a new batch. I will also start a list of those who might be interested in acquiring the piece. Just send a short note... including your name and email address... to Steve Shoop at ssmpub@yahoo.com" target="_blank" target="_blank.
Last edited by Stephen Shoop on Mon May 08, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen Shoop
bugler
bugler

Post by Stephen Shoop »

Mark.... I should have also mentioned.... really nice performance yesterday on the Happy Farmer. I really appreciate the contributions you and your family are making to the band. SS
bigboymusic
3 valves
3 valves

Post by bigboymusic »

If you enjoy solos on the big horn, the Barnes Concerto is for you. I'ts written for CC, and I've seen a number of players play it on 6/4 horns, and it rocks.... There is still room for some good Contra Bass solos!!
Paul Weissenborn
St. Joseph Symphony Orchestra (MO)
Spirit of Independence Band
SJSO Quintet
Alex 163 CC
YEB 321S