Awesome Book

The bulk of the musical talk
Tubaman485
bugler
bugler

Awesome Book

Post by Tubaman485 »

I am reading the book "Legacy of a Master" by M. Dee Stewart and so far I am very sucked in. I am just curious who out there has read it and your thoughts on it. Also do you suggest other tubenetters to read it, I know I would suggest it to anyone, actually I told my DOB at NAU about it and he rented it from the library.

Josh
Dylan King
YouTube Tubist
YouTube Tubist

Post by Dylan King »

I absolutely agree. I keep mine by the toilet!
Mudman
3 valves
3 valves

Post by Mudman »

This is the book that can make all the difference in your playing!

Legacy of a Master is a collection of short articles by students of Arnold Jacobs. Some are entertaining (Charlie Vernon forgetting to pay Jacobs after a lesson) and others go into great detail of the approach Jacobs used when teaching. Most are inspirational.

It is the one book related to brass playing that will make you a better player just by reading it. Each time I read it, I instantly sound better. If I find myself in a playing slump, Legacy of a Master gets me going again.

IMO, this is the best book available on brass playing.
TexTuba
5 valves
5 valves

Post by TexTuba »

It's a great book. And if you love it then Song and Wind from Windsong Press. I've read that book about 5 times already and I enjoy it everytime....

Ralph
Tubaman485
bugler
bugler

Post by Tubaman485 »

I have not actually gotten to read song and wind yet, is it along the same lines as Legacy of a Master. I know they sell the two together on Amazon.

Josh