Warburton Signature Tuba Mouthpieces

The bulk of the musical talk
MarchingOyster
lurker
lurker

Warburton Signature Tuba Mouthpieces

Post by MarchingOyster »

Good afternoon all,

I've been a fan of Warburton for sometime on the euphonium side of things and was wondering what some experiences were that people had with their tuba mouthpieces. The one that interests me the most is Al Carter as it has added weight and I LOVE heavier mouthpieces, but willing to hear about any of them. Thank you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Spencer
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Warburton Signature Tuba Mouthpieces

Post by GC »

My favorite contrabass mouthpiece was a Warburton 32D. I played it most of the time I had my 25J. It gave a nice, fat sound that still had good upper harmonics for clarity. I haven't picked a Warburton back up since I switched full-time to bass tuba, but I often wish I had.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
Toobist
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Warburton Signature Tuba Mouthpieces

Post by Toobist »

My preference should be obvious....

There were several versions of the mouthpiece, but the one I use for my all-around playing is the V7. If you order one from Terry, I'd suggest mentioning that you would like the V7. I found that it's the most versatile of all the prototypes we'd gone through. Meaning, I didn't find I gave up low register for upper (much) and it wasn't as much of an air hog as prior versions. Have a look at my blurb on the site. I never wanted to involve myself with the quantitative measurements of the mouthpiece. I simply told Terry what I liked and didn't like about each prototype, and also, what I wanted in regard to clarity in the low register (i.e., sharp fronts to the notes) and stamina (both on the chops and efficiency with air).

I'm super proud to have a mouthpiece with my name on it, but what's better is that I have the perfect mouthpiece for ME! I can't say it'll work for everyone, but I think my aesthetic isn't unique by any means.
Al Carter
Kitchener, Ontario