Copying a New York Vincent Bach 7

The bulk of the musical talk
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Copying a New York Vincent Bach 7

Post by tylerferris1213 »

I'm not sure if this post is better off in the discussion forum or in the for sale section, so I'll start here. I have a New York Vincent Bach 7 tuba mouthpiece that I'm going to get copied, and I was wondering if anyone on here would be interested in getting one as well. The work will be done by Garibaldi Music. They have all the equipment to make identical copies, much like what Kanstul did. The initial cost is $250.00, and each additional mouthpiece is $120.00. I'm looking to spread the cost of the first copy over as many additional mouthpieces as possible. If you're interested please shoot me an email at tylerferris1213@gmail.com" target="_blank" target="_blank.

*edit*
A little bit of my experience with the mouthpiece. I use it on both of my 6/4 horns, my Cerveny CC and my Conn Grand Orchestral BBb. Having more of a funnel shape on the inside, this mouthpiece makes a big tuba sound good!
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
T. J. Ricer
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Copying a New York Vincent Bach 7

Post by T. J. Ricer »

Is this the mouthpiece that is very different from the current 7? Smaller? If memory serves, Mike Thornton told me that his teacher, Dave Bragunier played one his whole career; possibly on F and CC.

Sorry, I'm remembering something said as an aside in a lesson probably a decade or more ago...

-T. J.
Thomas J. Ricer, DMA
Royal Hawaiian Band - University of Hawaii at Manoa - Yamaha Performing Artist

http://www.TJRicer.com

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." -John Lennon
tylerferris1213
3 valves
3 valves

Post by tylerferris1213 »

I've never had the chance to play on a modern Bach 7, so I can't say for sure. I can take pictures of it next to a Conn Helleberg if that helps.
Tyler Ferris
Wessex British F
York Monster Eb
Getzen CB-50 CC
Cerveny CBB-601 BBb
"Yamayork" Frankentuba Contrabass FF
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

Surely you'd be wise to check if the old 7 plays different to a modern 7 before spending a heap of $$$ copying the old one?
Peach