MAW finger buttons

The bulk of the musical talk
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

MAW finger buttons

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Hey guys,
I recently discovered MAW buttons but I can't seem to find pictures or much information about them. I also think that they have different designed but am not quite sure what the differences are. One of my friends has some buttons that are soft and texturized while another friend has these buttons with bumps that are hard and smooth.

If anybody canse share some pictures and a review I would really appreciate.

Best regards
-Sam
Wisemann C
BMB F
dwcramer2
lurker
lurker

Re: MAW finger buttons

Post by dwcramer2 »

You can get either, and I've seen different texturing on the textured ones. I have MAW textured buttons and lightweight stems, and they make a big difference in both the feel of the finger button and ease in compressing the valves. There are no pictures on his website, but he is very friendly and helpful, so feel free to call him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don
4/4 CC Franken-York
1917 Conn Bb Helicon
Tom
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Tom »

The buttons are $125/set of 4. There are a lot of options for the "pearl" color and texture and for the finish of the anodized aluminum. Martin makes them to order based on the options your select.

The latest lightweight stems he's offering are titanium. They are included now with new MAW valve orders. I do not know if they are available a la carte or not or what the cost would be. They do not have any obvious appearance differences to stock stems on MW/B&S piston sets, but are a different material and do weigh much less.
The Darling Of The Thirty-Cents-Sharp Low D♭'s.
jamsav
3 valves
3 valves

Post by jamsav »

Love these in Paua shell...same $125
http://www.westchestersymphonicwinds.org" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank" target="_blank"
King 2341-MAW valves, GW Taku, Sellmansberger Symphony
Conn USN 20k, PT-44