This might be off topic Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

This might be off topic

Postby flamingo19518 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:09 pm

I have a question about the VW Concerto. I am no longer playing, but when I was, I had a bit of difficulty in the Second movement, that be how to land easily, from the 6 over 1, to the 16th notes on the next beat. The 1st of the 16th was landed on HARD. Please forgive my faulty memory. It is very obvious that I was not a professional.
flamingo19518
lurker
lurker

Re: This might be off topic

Postby the elephant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:25 pm

???
In the multiverse there is a TubeNet where we talk about how we greased our cat with toothpaste and hot sauce so it would fly better in the rain. Even then someone would ask whether the cat was lacquered or silver plated.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby flamingo19518 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 pm

the elephant wrote:???

There is measure in the 2nd movement of 6 over 1 notes, that is followed by 16th notes. I had a problem of not being able to make them seamless, because I had an obvious attack. Is my wording confused/not expressive?
flamingo19518
lurker
lurker

Postby the elephant » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:56 pm

Confusing. You mean a sextuplet? Six 16ths in the space of a quarter note? There are a lot of these figures in movement 2. Which one, specifically? You need to have the music in front of you so you can tell us which measure, since that single beat rhythm appears numerous times. Having the music is needed so you can understand our answers. Otherwise your question is reduced to "fond reminiscing" rather than a concrete discussion.

What is your native language? Perhaps one of our users can help you. You are asking questions that likely require subtlety in the answer, so precision of translation is needed.

I hope one of us can assist you. If you want help you need to try harder to be specific.

Wade
In the multiverse there is a TubeNet where we talk about how we greased our cat with toothpaste and hot sauce so it would fly better in the rain. Even then someone would ask whether the cat was lacquered or silver plated.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby flamingo19518 » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:22 pm

I was remembering from several years ago. I don't have it, anymore. Yes, there re several times that the figure appears. I am asking the question for every time it appears.

I'm truly sorry about bothering any one all of you.
flamingo19518
lurker
lurker

Postby the elephant » Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:23 pm

You are not bothering anyone. This is why we are here. But you have to ask a question in a form that we can understand. I do not understand

1. where you are talking about
2. what your problem is

Again, what is your native language? We have many players here from all over the world, so someone can help you better express your problem so we can assist you.

I had a problem of not being able to make them seamless, because I had an obvious attack.

What do you mean by seamless? What attack did you obviously have? I assume you mean an articulation-type of attack and not a heart attack. But not being able to make them seamless due to an obvious attack is not something that makes any sense in English in this context.

Is my wording confused?

Yes. Again, either post in your native language or tell us what that language is so we can try to help.

Good luck!

Wade
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby lost » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Small snippet of piece to help the post and discussion.

:tuba:
lost

Postby pgym » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:23 pm

The full score is available on IMSLP: http://petruccilibrary.ca/files/imglnks ... ncerto.pdf

Second movement start on p. 28.

Don't take legal advice from a lawyer on the Internet. I'm a lawyer but I'm not your lawyer.
pgym
4 valves
4 valves

Postby flamingo19518 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:09 pm

Thanks anyway. You can ignore this. I am a native American. My English is not a factor, I just can not expressive myself properly.
flamingo19518
lurker
lurker

Postby the elephant » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Oh, that puts a different light on things. I was more worried that you would not get what we were saying. No problem. I was just trying to help. I do not understand what you are asking, though. Think about it, look at the sheet music linked above, and ask again, citing specific examples from the music and explaining what problem you had. We can solve this. It is just a typical Internet communication issue.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Postby bloke » Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:53 pm

The solo work has been pooped all over by a very early performer and a publisher...phrase marks...articulations...pitches...the more it is revised, the more comically away from the original it becomes. (Roger Bobo is the most outspoken and well-respected person regarding these issues.)
There may be something in the works...
If if can find the time, I might (??) perform (record) it as it existed prior to all of these alterations.
There's a really extraordinary accompanist at the University of Mississippi, and (as I'm sort-of an "artisteeeee in residenceeee" there), I could probably get approval to get this done.
What technology is required to have the musical notes appear on a video as those notes occur sonically (as appears on a few videos on youtube) ?

No, I will not scan and share anything with anyone at this time. This work is not in the public domain in the USA.

bloke "interesting how a concerto makes so much more sense when the phrasing and articulation of the solo part (not to mention the written pitches) line up with those found in the string parts"
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Return to TubeNet