composers: modern duos? Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

composers: modern duos?

Postby kathott » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:57 am

Greetings composers/performers. My modern music ensemble is playing a concert in two weeks. I would like to fill a couple of holes on the programme with some duos: I am looking for the avant garde / third stream / graphic notation / atonal / theatre elements / semi improvised. No student level pieces please. Something hard, but not too hard!......

1) for clarinet & tuba
2) for viola & tuba

Because of the time line, I need music that could be sent electronically - relatively straight ahead pieces not requiring hours of shedding or laborious rehearsing. Ideally, works of which you are familiar, or perhaps have seen listed somewhere. Thank you all. K.
Huttl CC, six valve (with special mute springboard)
kathott
bugler
bugler

Re: composers: modern duos?

Postby imperialbari » Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:30 pm

If you don’t have time for a rewrite, the viola & tuba duet could be an alternative reading of Koetsier’s Unterkagner Ländler.

The violist reads the violin art as if playing on a violin. The tubist reads the tuba part as if played on an F tuba, but plays it on a BBb tuba. Takes both parts down a perfect fifth.

Klaus
imperialbari
6 valves
6 valves

Location: Duets by Mozart, Beethoven, Rossini, and Weyse. Soli by Saint-Saëns, Massenet, Elgar, and Nielsen.

Re: composers: modern duos?

Postby LowBrassNYC » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:40 am

The Feldman 'Durations III' for piano, violin, and tuba might be a good option for you. Granted it's a trio.
Ryan Fisk
Columbia University, Ed.M. - 2018
Manhattan School of Music, M.M. - 2016
Texas State University, B.M. - 2012
———
Meinl Weston 751, 2250TL, 6460, 6450/2
LowBrassNYC
bugler
bugler

Return to TubeNet