Confusing mouthpiece

The bulk of the musical talk
NickScott
lurker
lurker

Confusing mouthpiece

Post by NickScott »

Hello all.

I've just had a music shop try and sell me a mouthpiece. They claim it's a perantucci though it doesn't look like a perantucci to me.

The text around the rim reads evolution ST3. When I looked that up I got a lot of results for marcinkiewicz but the images of the marcinkiewicz ST3 don't look like this mouthpiece.

http://i.imgur.com/0jfGXK8.jpg" target="_blank

For what it's worth I played it and kinda liked it; I'd just like to know what it is.

Cheers
Robert Tucci
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Evolution Mouthpieces

Post by Robert Tucci »

Nick,

The mouthpiece shown is one of three I manufacture for an overseas dealer. These are the ST-3, the ST-4 and the ST-9. They are light shell "S" shank versions of the PT-83, PT-84 and PT-89, intended for young players and instruments with smaller receivers. All three enjoy considerable success; the base PT models are successful of course! On the ST versions the response is adjusted for very comfortable resistance so that young players can get results quickly.

It would be of interest to know which company offered you this mouthpiece?

As posted on various occasions we have moved PT mouthpieces to a new brand: RT (Robert Tucci). The base models 83, 84 and 89 are not yet integrated into the new brand but will starting with the next production session of those models.

Bob Tucci-Munich
NickScott
lurker
lurker

Re: Confusing mouthpiece

Post by NickScott »

Thanks Bob

I became suspicious when I couldn't find any details about the models online; I'm glad to hear there was no funny business. The store was sax&woodwind in sydney, Australia.

Nick
Robert Tucci
TubeNet Sponsor
TubeNet Sponsor

Evolution Mouthpieces

Post by Robert Tucci »

Nick,

One further remark on the Evolution ST mouthpieces. The ST-3 has a funnel cup and a large throat bore. This works nicely on BBb and CC-tubas. The ST-4 works well on BBb, CC and in particular on Eb-tubas. Depending on your needs, one or the other would be right.

Any further communication: please use e-mail!

Bob Tucci