PVAK for wisemann

The bulk of the musical talk
Salazarsam33
bugler
bugler

PVAK for wisemann

Post by Salazarsam33 »

Hello all,
i recently aquired a Wisemann Tuba, i have read that they are interchangable with B&S valves (or something like that). if this is true, will a pt6 PVAK kit work for a wisemann or is there a seperate one made for the wiseman pt6 clones?

i dont know much about interchangable, valve sets, or the PVAK for that matter, i just felt it changed the sound of my proffesors 1291 miraphone, and i was wondering if i could get a set of those for my wisemann.

thank you very much for any and all information.
Wisemann C
BMB F
thevillagetuba
4 valves
4 valves

Re: PVAK for wisemann

Post by thevillagetuba »

No, it won't as the cable guide for a Wisemann is on top of the valve and for B&S/MW valves it is on the side.

Only some Wisemanns fit B&S valves, from what I can tell the newer ones/last batch or so brought in by Tom McGrady do, and the rest don't.

You can meet up with Alan and he'll make you one, but I do not know of anyone making one for that horn. And, the different valves have needed different alignment measurements when I last saw them. I'm sure you can find a tech and ask them to align your horn rubber felts and brass washers and they'll do it, but everyone has a different idea of what it means to have the valves aligned.

Or, you can buy a cheap endoscope off of Amazon/eBay/wherever, buy some brass washers with an interior diameter slightly larger than your valve stem, and then get some small o-rigns and align them yourself. Be prepared to spend some time really checking to see if your valves are aligned and doing a little trial and error with washers, orings, and how many of each or needed.
Robert S. Pratt
B.M., M.M. Tuba Performance
Getzen G60 prototype