MRP CC Shank and mouthpiece recommendation

The bulk of the musical talk
ASmith
bugler
bugler

MRP CC Shank and mouthpiece recommendation

Post by ASmith »

Just bought a MrP and I notice my monette doesn't really fit, I tried a student MMVI euro and it seemed to work well. However it also seemed to hang out pretty far. I know it's similar to the pt6, but I could use a little help.
Rudy 5/4 CC
Willson 3400-FA5
MKainuma
pro musician
pro musician

Re: MRP CC Shank and mouthpiece recommendation

Post by MKainuma »

The mouthpiece I've liked best (so far) in the MRP CC is the Mr. P Premium 5.0 I only spent a little time with it; I liked it better than the Perantucci PT-50; it seemed to respond more clearly and centered. I couldn't say why, or what the difference might be.

Morris Kainuma
ASmith
bugler
bugler

Post by ASmith »

I work part time for Potenza/JustforBrass, I'll keep that in mind. I can probably get away with using my tester for a little while.
Rudy 5/4 CC
Willson 3400-FA5
ASmith
bugler
bugler

Post by ASmith »

I've always thought that was the dumbest thing ever.
"Our mouthpieces allow you to play with proper posture, because they are over priced and gold-plated."

I bought mine used from a friend, I like it. However the backbore is kind of weird and the shank is really short.
Rudy 5/4 CC
Willson 3400-FA5
barry grrr-ero
4 valves
4 valves

Post by barry grrr-ero »

The Stofer Geib works wonders on my Neptune (PT-7 with rotors) in conjunction with the larger leadpipe (it comes with two pipes). It has a slightly smaller throat than usual. It also fits the receiver just right, I believe. I don't know if that same success would translate on to the MRP.