BBC tuba rest case

The bulk of the musical talk
jmdavis
lurker
lurker

BBC tuba rest case

Post by jmdavis »

I just received my BBC tuba rest on Tuesday. I regret not buying one years ago. But I have quite a walk from Parking lots to the office and from the office to lessons. Right now my solution is to carry the rest in my left hand. I would prefer a case that I could then strap to the side of the gig bag. Does anyone have any ideas? What are others doing if they travel with the BBC rest? I do not plan to store it in the bell, though there is extra space in the gig bag, P-240. I prefer it to be outside rather than inside regardless of extra padding.
jmdavis
lurker
lurker

Re: BBC tuba rest case

Post by jmdavis »

OK, it appears that this can work. It may take a bit of modification and some needle work, but it appears to me to be better and cheaper than any musical alternative I could find. I will buy one and try it,

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... se_22.html" target="_blank
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

Probably just fine. I always carry my BBC, along with my music stand, oil, saliva towel, clips, etc. in a padded satchel not much bigger than that. It's just part of playing tuba and it still leaves one hand free to open doors, etc.
Bearin' up!
Bill Troiano
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Bill Troiano »

For a while when I was using a tuba rest, I also used an Altieri gig bag. I would wrap the Altieri bell cover around the tuba rest and stick it down the bell. No clanking sound and no scratches or wear on the tuba.