middle school tubas: bloke theorum - 3-for-3

The bulk of the musical talk
Voisi1ev
bugler
bugler

Re: middle school tubas: bloke theorum - 3-for-3

Post by Voisi1ev »

I know I was sort of baiting the hook for you there. All situation are different, we have 6-12 in the same building all using the same set of gear with good funding, so I've gone overkill on a few things. Like I said, my kids are also pretty good with stuff.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Re: middle school tubas: bloke theorum - 3-for-3

Post by Three Valves »

bloke wrote:
It was unusual for families to have more than one car or one telephone, air-conditioning was a luxury, and people spent more time interacting face-to-face - rather than as "TubeNet" or "facebook". Though excellence has always been somewhat rare, seemingly (??) a larger percentage of students pursued singular interests (such as a band instrument, or singing, or mathematics, or science, or gymnastics...etc.) to see just how well they could master ~one~ discipline.
:arrow: To the original topic: More was accomplished with less.
Reminds me of a restaurant review I did a few years ago; guess which one closed... :(
The Harbor House at Worton Creek Marina

Harbor House Restaurant - Home

23145 Buck Neck Road
Chestertown, MD 21620

Do you remember 60s and 70s Swank when the food (and booze) was all that mattered??

When siblings, even in upper middle class families that owned motor yachts, shared bedrooms??

Then the Harbor House is for you.

Seafood or steak, starters or desserts, no one complained about a thing except the dated decor and bathrooms.

Be prepared to spend -$30 for entrees, (the night we went thru August, all entrees were just $20, find the coupon in the Marina Store) and leaving full and tipsy.

If not, skip right to;

The Osprey Point Inn near Haven Harbor Marina in Rock Hall.

Osprey Point Inn, Restaurant and Maina | Rock Hall MD | Eastern Shore Maryland | Chesapeake Bay

20786 Rock Hall Ave
Rock Hall, MD 21661

If you hated the good old days, have granite counter tops in your kitchen, and sleepless nights thinking your kids will only get into a State University, well, welcome aboard!!

The grounds, buildings, food, service and wine are impeccable.

Seafood or steak, starters or desserts, no one complained about a thing.

Be prepared to spend $30+ per entree but leaving impressed.

When I gloss nostalgic about how cool my banana seat bike was, or how hot my '67 Pontiac was when I got it in 1978, I'll hop over to Worton Creek.

When I realize what a POS they both were, or how it was ever possible to spend the night on board a boat without air conditioning, Osprey Point will be my destination!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.