Need tuba part for L'Arlésienne #2

The bulk of the musical talk
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Need tuba part for L'Arlésienne #2

Post by hup_d_dup »

The first edition of the L'Arlesienne Suite No. 2 does not have a tuba part, but there is a later edition that does. It is not available at IMSLP. I have the last movement (Farandole) but not the first three. If someone has this in pdf form could you please send it to me at kayak@pottersville-nj.us" target="_blank .

I'm also in need of the serpent part (or tuba transcription if it exists) for Calm Sea and Prosperous Voyage.

Thanks,
Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Need tuba part for L'Arlésienne #2

Post by scottw »

Are you saying that the later edition is Bizet's? Or someone added a tuba part?
Of all the movements, only the Farandole would seem to command a tuba presence --maybe that's all that was written?
Bearin' up!
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Post by hup_d_dup »

scottw wrote:Are you saying that the later edition is Bizet's? Or someone added a tuba part?
Of all the movements, only the Farandole would seem to command a tuba presence --maybe that's all that was written?
I don't actually know anything about the later edition, except that I have a tuba part for Farandole. You could be right; maybe nothing was added for the first three movements.

Hup
scottw
5 valves
5 valves

Post by scottw »

That tuba part might also be from a band arrangement. I remember[vaguely!] playing it long ago in a band.
I can find no reference to a "later edition" orchestral version.
Bearin' up!
cambrook
pro musician
pro musician

Post by cambrook »

I'm not a Bizet scholar, but I'm not sure there's a later version that's actually by Bizet. I have a copy of a "tuba part" for L'Arlesienne Suite that is hand-written, with only 2 mvts - Carrillion and Farandole. I'm sure its not original and was added by an arranger somewhere along the line, probably because they didn't want to see a tuba player sitting doing nothing (and the double basses weren't being heard)

Interestingly, the Carillion is the 4th mvt of Suite #1, and the Farandole is the 4th mvt of Suite #2. The parts have much more in common with the double bass parts than the trombone writing.
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Post by hup_d_dup »

scottw wrote:That tuba part might also be from a band arrangement. I remember[vaguely!] playing it long ago in a band.
I can find no reference to a "later edition" orchestral version.
I have no idea where it came from. Fortunately it is completely compatible with the orchestral edition, including rehearsal marks.

If anyone thinks this part could be useful, I will email it.

Hup