Rest in Peace, Dennis Gray (tubatooter1940)

The bulk of the musical talk
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: tubatooter1940

Post by The Big Ben »

the elephant wrote:Anyone heard from Dennis recently? He has not visited the board for like two years now and I just realized this. I am worried. He would be 76 years old now and had been living on that houseboat in the Gulf. I am hoping he is okay.
Yeah, I remember Dennis. Hope every thing is fine with him. Lots of turmoil on the Gulf the last few years.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Rest in Peace, Dennis Gray (tubatooter1940)

Post by The Big Ben »

Sorry to hear this. I had a slight connection with Dennis. I'm up in Washington State and Dennis was going to come up to play at some sort of party or beer fest. He asked on TubeNet if there was an Eb Tuba available for loan and I offered him one. He didn't want to spend the extra cash to buy a seat for his horn because he had no case and his horn couldn't go in the hold. We went back and forth for a little bit and, after a few weeks, he found a way to get his horn here but don't remember how he did it. The thing he was playing happened and I didn't hear anything about it.

He had a real joy for life and for the playing of the tuba. He must have been great fun while he was here and I'm sorry to hear he has gone.
julianbrass
lurker
lurker

Re: Rest in Peace, Dennis Gray (tubatooter1940)

Post by julianbrass »

Very sorry to hear this. :(

He must have been a very good man. He shall be missed.
He is now in a better place.
Tutuka Tutuka