The bulk of the musical talk

...would you rather

Total votes: 0

windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Re: band directors: school repairs / budget-stretching

Post by windshieldbug »

They are only going to be operated by tuba players who sit in the back; why should anyone care? :roll:
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
sweaty
bugler
bugler

Post by sweaty »

As a school band director, I need music to be made. I play the old, homely instruments for them, showing what can be done with what they have. I then point out past damage, tell them the repair price, and ask them how long it would take for them to work to pay for it.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

windshieldbug wrote:They are only going to be operated by tuba players who sit in the back; why should anyone care? :roll:
...what they look like!!

:tuba:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
Tom Mason
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Tom Mason »

I voted for option 3 only because a student will make a fuss about the looks of the instrument, even though we all know that the repair and function of the instrument is more important than the looks.

The Bloke also knows that I can usually buff out a burn mark if it is annoying enough for me to care. I'd rather have all the horns functioning correctly.
TheGoyWonder
4 valves
4 valves

Post by TheGoyWonder »

all school horns should get the scorched-lacquer treatment. it shall serve as the Mark of Cain against them.