Mouthpiece Case

The bulk of the musical talk
pwhitaker
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Mouthpiece Case

Post by pwhitaker »

Suitable for a tuba gig in Los Vegas ....
MISERICORDE, n.
A dagger which in mediaeval warfare was used by the foot soldier to remind an unhorsed knight that he was mortal.
- Devil's Dictionary - Ambrose Bierce
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Donn wrote:
bloke wrote:the blokepiece-Holding Necklace™...??
I guess blokepieces must be pre-drilled to hook that thing up. I was thinking of something a little more generically adaptable, without modification to the mouthpiece.
You are wearing it upside down.

:roll:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
cambrook
pro musician
pro musician

Post by cambrook »

My favourite mp pouches were from Mike Milnarik - he used to have single and double pouches.

I wish they were still available!
Mark

Post by Mark »

bloke wrote:...only $800...Order yours TODAY.
Does that include shipping? Can I get a second one free just by paying an additional processing fee of $800?
Mark

Re: Mouthpiece Case (Rocky Mountain)

Post by Mark »

I'm reviving this thread. The old Rocky Mountain Mouthpiece cases are still, and by far, the best mouthpiece cases I have ever seen. For awhile after Rocky Mountain went out of business, Monette was selling these cases. Monette no longer has any.

At this point, I would seriously consider taking over the manufacturing of these cases if I knew who I could talk to from the Rocky Mountain. But, I can't find any trace of them.
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

haybied wrote:I use the protec three mouthpiece pouch, which I fit a bottle of valve oil in and hold my tuner in the back.
https://www.wwbw.com/Protec-3-Piece-Tub ... ce&index=3" target="_blank" target="_blank
I would order this just because of what it says on the web site (quote:)

Order now. When your mouthpiece gets out of round, the world turns slower and the forces of evil prevail.
roughrider
4 valves
4 valves

Post by roughrider »

The Milnarik cases were the best. I wish that I could have about three more!
1930 King "Symphony" Recording Bass BBb
1916 Holton "Mammoth" Upright Bass BBb
1994 King 2341 Upright Bass BBb
Wedge H2 Solo mouthpieces
Stofer-Geib mouthpieces
jperry1466
bugler
bugler

Post by jperry1466 »

When you do a favor for a friend who happens to be a saddle maker and he insists on making something to thank you..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Post by bort »

jperry1466 wrote:When you do a favor for a friend who happens to be a saddle maker and he insists on making something to thank you..
NICE!! Must have been a heck of a favor!
Art Hovey
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Art Hovey »

Don't those pouches need to be washed once in a while?
I just wrap a cloth handkerchief around my mouthpiece, tuck it into the cup, and carry it in my left front pocket.
If I don't feel it there when I am leaving for a gig I go back and get it. The hanky goes into the wash now and then, and a spare clean one is with my clean socks.
jperry1466
bugler
bugler

Post by jperry1466 »

bort wrote:
jperry1466 wrote:When you do a favor for a friend who happens to be a saddle maker and he insists on making something to thank you..
NICE!! Must have been a heck of a favor!
He had a major computer crash, and I was able to back up the data off his bad hard drive, install a new one and put all his data and software on that. Hey, he insisted. Who am I to turn down a pair of custom mouthpiece cases? And I'm the first boy on the block to get one.
(Young guys won't get the reference to old TV commercials.) :tuba:
Charlie C Chowder
bugler
bugler

Post by Charlie C Chowder »

I go to Goodwill to get small camera cases to keep my mouth pieces tied onto the instrument and/or case they are intended to be used on. Having come home from vacation to find all of my brass mouth pieces missing, I am super paranoid!

Charlie C. Chowder
GC
5 valves
5 valves

Post by GC »

The ProTec cases are plenty durable, soft-lined, and have a zipper cover and belt loops. They're also pretty cheap. I got mine at Dillon's. They come in 1, 2, 3, and 4 mouthpiece sizes, although Dillon's site doesn't show the 4.
JP/Sterling 377 compensating Eb; Warburton "The Grail" T.G.4, RM-9 7.8, Yamaha 66D4; for sale > 1914 Conn Monster Eb (my avatar), ca. 1905 Fillmore Bros 1/4-size Eb, Bach 42B trombone
Mark

Post by Mark »

Milnarik are good cases and the ProTec is okay; but neither are as good as the Rocky Mountain cases.
bigtubby
4 valves
4 valves

Post by bigtubby »

Oddly they don't show mouthpiece pouches on their website but I've purchased several of these on eBay and have been quite happy with them from Messina Covers, I think that they make them to hold one to four. Very inexpensive and well made.

Paranoia? Rather than risking a loose mouthpiece in the gig bag, I simply make sure that there is a spare in the glovebox of my car/saddlebag of my bike.
American sailboats, airplanes, banjos, guitars and flutes ...
Italian motorcycles and cars ...
German cameras and tubas ...
Life is Good.