Repair Guys - Besson part search Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Repair Guys - Besson part search

Postby vlatuba » Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:42 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for an older Besson part and not having much luck. I'm looking for the white plastic valve guides Besson used many years ago. Not the "Pack Man" style ones but the ones shaped essentially like a Capital "Q" that insert into the top of the piston. I can't even find a picture of them on the internet. Any idea where I can get these or has anyone come up with a workable retrofit? I see these instruments every now and again and I finally need a solution.

Thanks, Ed
vlatuba
bugler
bugler

Re: Repair Guys - Besson part search

Postby bloke » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:28 pm

vlatuba wrote:Hi,

I'm looking for a solution for an older Besson part and not having much luck. I'm looking for the white plastic valve guides Besson used many years ago. Not the "Pack Man" style ones but the ones shaped essentially like a Capital "Q" that insert into the top of the piston. I can't even find a picture of them on the internet. Any idea where I can get these or has anyone come up with a workable retrofit? I see these instruments every now and again and I finally need a solution.

Thanks, Ed

Drill a small hole in the side of the piston in the best possible place, tap it out to M3X.5, screw in the typical modern-day German tubas' valve guide.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Postby Yogy » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 pm

Have had the following Company recommended to me for Besson/Boosey parts in the past

https://www.dawkes.co.uk
Sterling EEb Tuba
Perantucci PT-88 Mouthpiece/Loud LM-7 Mouthpiece
1928 - King 4V EEb Sousaphone - Mouthpiece undecided
Wessex "Bubbie" Travel Tuba
Wessex Eb Cimbasso - Blokepiece "Solo" Mouthpiece
Besson BBb Sousaphone (Got to go)
Yogy
lurker
lurker

Postby IOS » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:59 am