UPS Delivery

The bulk of the musical talk
Mark

UPS Delivery

Post by Mark »

For those of you who think that other delivery services should to try to emulate Amazon: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/01/su ... utter.html.
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Re: UPS Delivery

Post by hup_d_dup »

Use of outsourcing and third party contractors is not merely a tactic to foist blame for poor service, it also conveniently allows companies to avoid safety and environmental regulations, and can be a deliberate way to manufacture products in sweatshop operations.

I recently had a problem with a "UPS" store, which is not actually a UPS store but a franchise that uses the UPS name. UPS collects money from these stores but does not take responsibility for their incompetence.

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
joebob
bugler
bugler

Post by joebob »

I've taken dozens of UPS pre-paid return packages to various UPS stores over the past few years and have never had a problem. I always ask for a receipt.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

So quick to judge...

:roll:
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
joebob
bugler
bugler

Post by joebob »

This is a timely topic for me today. Between the time I wrote my last post and now I had to go out to run some errands. Included in my errands was dropping off a prepaid return package to UPS (my wife does a LOT of online shopping and I do a LOT of returning). I happened to be in an area I don't normally go to and I went to a UPS store that I've never been to before. My string of luck continued unbroken. There were three clerks working. I waited in line about 2 minutes. The clerk who took my package looked at it and asked me if I wanted a receipt (it is normal in my experience that they ask if you would like a receipt - I've even had a clerk recommend I get a receipt). He scanned the package, pressed print, handed me the receipt and I was out the door. If he has bad things to say about me he refrained at least until I was out of earshot!
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

joebob wrote:....handed me the receipt and I was out the door.
I hope they washed up after... you know... unlike those filthy Amazon drivers!!
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
joebob
bugler
bugler

Post by joebob »

I am only reporting my experience. This is my experience in the areas I have lived in suburban Chicago, suburban NYC, and Orange County, CA. I have dropped off prepaid return UPS packages at UPS stores on multiple occasions in each of those areas and none of them have refused my prepaid packages or refused to give me a receipt showing the scanned package information. Until these posts I didn't realize how lucky I am (at least in the department of prepaid return drop-offs!).
Dubby
bugler
bugler

Post by Dubby »

Count me in the not being able to drop off prepaid returns at our local UPS store. Luckily our driver knows us and will take them. Most of the time, we just drop them off at the hardware store which has a UPS dropbox at the counter.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

SteveP wrote:You're doing something right that the rest of us aren't.
Clean living??
opus37
5 valves
5 valves

Post by opus37 »

I have never had a problem with pre-paid returns. I just drop them off at the local UPS store.
Brian
1892 Courtiere (J.W. Pepper Import) Helicon Eb
1980's Yamaha 321 euphonium
2007 Miraphone 383 Starlight
2010 Kanstul 66T
2016 Bubbie Mark 5
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

To be fair, the service people are reporting, and getting beat up for reporting, seems to be just what UPS says it should be:
All return packages can be given to any UPS driver or taken to any location of The UPS Store®, a UPS Drop Box, a UPS Customer Center, any Staples® location, or any UPS Authorized Shipping Outlet. There is no charge to drop off a prepaid return package.
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

SteveP wrote:So I guess you're saying that any UPS Store that won't accept a return is in violation of its contract with UPS?
You don't miss much, do you?
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Lee Stofer »

I routinely do my shipping through the Davenport, IA UPS terminal. They are extremely professional, and I avoid the significant upcharge that the franchise stores do. I have had a package ready occasionally when the driver is delivering a package here, and he takes it, but I've also been warned by drivers that UPS might try to tack on a pickup charge. So, I typically just drive packages to the terminal.

To anyone who does much shipping, I'd suggest that you can save a lot if you set up an account.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.
Rivercity Tuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Rivercity Tuba »

joebob wrote:I've taken dozens of UPS pre-paid return packages to various UPS stores over the past few years and have never had a problem. I always ask for a receipt.
I have only had the same experience. Guess I'm lucky.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Rivercity Tuba wrote:
joebob wrote:I've taken dozens of UPS pre-paid return packages to various UPS stores over the past few years and have never had a problem. I always ask for a receipt.
I have only had the same experience. Guess I'm lucky.
Me too!
hup_d_dup
4 valves
4 valves

Post by hup_d_dup »

I was lucky too!

Until I wasn't.

Hup
Do you really need Facebook?
MaryAnn
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak
Occasionally Visiting Pipsqueak

Post by MaryAnn »

When I was in my 20s I had severe intestinal problems, and there were times when "no notice" was given that something was about to happen. Maybe that driver didn't have the strength of will / muscles I did....I'm inclined to have a little sympathy for her because maybe there was more going on than just what is assumed. Kind of like, if she threw up in the gutter (ever tried not to throw up when it's going to happen no matter what?) there would not be the extent of hullabaloo that there is going on. No, I have not seen the video. Has anybody here seen the video?
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

MaryAnn wrote: Has anybody here seen the video?
Does anybody really want to?? :shock: