Memories of ITEC 2006 in Denver

The bulk of the musical talk
breathmint76
lurker
lurker

Memories of ITEC 2006 in Denver

Post by breathmint76 »

I'm a student at the University of Iowa and for our studio's semester final, we're doing a presentation on a past ITEC and also providing ideas for events, logistics, efficient use of facility, etc. for when we host the conference ourselves 2019. The conference I'm presenting on is the Denver 2006 conference hosted by Kathleen Brantigan, and I thought it would be interesting to see if I could get any memories, pictures, or anecdotes from the event so I could get a more personal perspective of what it was like for someone who attended.
Dan Castillo
bugler
bugler

Re: Memories of ITEC 2006 in Denver

Post by Dan Castillo »

I remember they had beer on top of a parking deck one day during lunch.

Also, Kathy wore a cowgirl hat the whole time. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it was supposed to be "the wild west" or something. You all can incorporate corn or soybeans since you're in Iowa.

Abe Torchinsky and Tommy Johnson were there. I think it was their last ITEC before they passed.

Ron Bishop had this t-shirt that was a parody of the YouTube logo that said "YouTuba". I've always wanted one, but could never find another. Or maybe this happened in Cincinnati? I can't remember.

The "hot new horn" was the Meinl Weston Thor. I think the Baer had recently come out as well. I played them, but they weren't my thing.

There was also this one concert that was like Riverdance with all these Celtic dancers on stage. I thought it was a little weird, but it was still entertaining.

I'm trying to remember what else happened, but it was a long time ago now. Good times.

Hope this is helpful, but it probably isn't! Good luck.
KiwiTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Post by KiwiTuba »

I met my wife there!
Thomas Allely

Just doin' my job,

sitting up the back,

playing low notes
Sam Gnagey
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Sam Gnagey »

Alan Baer and Matt Walters having a duel in the "elephant" room using one of my cimbassi and a travel tuba as acoustic weapons.