Curious double tuba

The bulk of the musical talk
pjv
4 valves
4 valves

Curious double tuba

Post by pjv »

Officially this should probably be in the for sale section.
Since my topic is not related to the sale (neither am I aquatinted with the seller) I’m hoping it’s safe to deposit here.
Anybody know what’s going on here? It almost looks like someone put a St.Pete on top of a Leningrad. In other words a newer tuba on an older one.
Maybe Eb and BBb?

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Tuba-mit-2-Scha ... Sw3ydVugOq" target="_blank" target="_blank
marccromme
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Curious double tuba

Post by marccromme »

... as he writes ... build after an old picture ... seller can't tell if it will play ... no other info available ... if you need something for the wall, this one will do the trick. You could also but two scrap tubas for 100 buck and solder together ... that would be much cheaper for the wall decoration.
Yamaha YEB-321 Eb 4v TA tuba
Meinl-Weston 2141 Eb 5v FA tuba
Hirsbrunner Bb 3v TA compensated euph
Wessex Dolce Bb 3+1v TA compensated euph
Alto/tenor/bass trombones in various sizes/plugs
The Big Ben
6 valves
6 valves

Post by The Big Ben »

Elsewhere here, a CC/F double tuba created for the late Tommy Johnson is discussed. With pictures:

viewtopic.php?t=6781" target="_blank
windshieldbug
Once got the "hand" as a cue
Once got the "hand" as a cue

Post by windshieldbug »

"Unique rarity! Curious double tuba replica after an old photo!

The collector's heart must beat faster!

Offered this probably unique piece of a double tuba. It is a replica of an old photograph. Although the instrument sounds, but whether it is to play, I can not answer unfortunately. It is just a real "eyecatcher", as it is called today.

General condition - see photos. Partial light scratches and scrapings, small bumps.

Dimensions: max. Height 105 cm, max. Width 85 cm.

Diameter of the funnels: 40cm each.

Private sale - no return and warranty.

Please ask for international postage."
Instead of talking to your plants, if you yelled at them would they still grow, but only to be troubled and insecure?
Alex C
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Alex C »

This is a huge step above "two tubas soldered together." Two bells, two leadpipes and a 3-valve set of double valves. Apparently, you don't change tuba bells with a valve throw, you have to play a different leadpipe! Very interesting!

If this were in the United States I would buy it. Period. I don't care how it plays, I just want it. I've had too many screw-ups in domestic and international shipping, not giving them another chance.
City Intonation Inspector - Dallas Texas
"Holding the Bordognian Fabric of the Universe together through better pitch, one note at a time."

Practicing results in increased atmospheric CO2 thus causing global warming.