Fiberbesson...!?!?

The bulk of the musical talk
Kevin Hendrick
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Fiberbesson...!?!?

Post by Kevin Hendrick »

bloke wrote:Image
Wouldn't a Metamucil sponsorship decal be appropriate? ;)
"Don't take life so serious, son. It ain't nohow permanent." -- Pogo (via Walt Kelly)
Walter Webb
3 valves
3 valves
Location: Somewhere in the boondocks between Sacramento and Reno

Post by Walter Webb »

Where will you attach the mirrors, to see around it? Maybe camera system like you see on the back of motorhomes...
arminhachmer
3 valves
3 valves

Post by arminhachmer »

Kevin Hendrick wrote:
bloke wrote:Image
Wouldn't a Metamucil sponsorship decal be appropriate? ;)

YOU win Kevin. :mrgreen:
PaulMaybery
pro musician
pro musician

Post by PaulMaybery »

Seems to me, and maybe I'm sticking my skinny little neck out, that the aesthetics of this wonderful piece of "contraptia," dictate an element of decorative unification. My preference, really chosen for its sound improving quality, is to have it artificially colored in silver. (We all know how silver improves the sound more than any other finish - at least visually it does. I recommend Rustoleum Silver spray. Ya know the spray can with the trigger on it. It also seems, to my withered mind, that it would be far too expensive to try to cover that huge bell in real silver. One advantage to Rustoleum is that I have found that the object really does not need to be cleaned prior to spraying. I know they tell ya to, but who wants to, and really, who would know? For special effect, some of the areas of the horn could be masked off and sprayed with a complementing color of Rustoleum Hammered Pewter. This could also mimic a frosted or satin silver finish. The final question is, where does the lamp cord, toggle switch and lamp shade go?

In my lexicon of musical perjoratives, the term "contraptia" is frequently abreviated down to "C'raptia" or further yet to "c'rap."

If you question my motivation for feeling the need to share this timeless expertise, wait til you get old.
Wessex 5/4 CC "Wyvern"
Wessex 4/4 F "Berg"
Wessex Cimbasso F
Mack Euphonium
Mack Bass Trombone
Conn 5V Double Bell Euphonium (casually for sale to an interested party)
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Stryk wrote:At least the bell can't hurt the tone of that horn.
Oh, contraire, messeur!!! Have you actually been in a band that had either the 17-inch upright of the older horns, the 19-inch upright of the Sovereign era, or the bell forwards? I believe you will find all three of them to be ample foundation in both tone and intonation for any good American concert band.
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.
iiipopes
Utility Infielder
Utility Infielder

Post by iiipopes »

Yeah, but it is still fun!
Jupiter JTU1110, RT-82.
"Real" Conn 36K.