Dillon music Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Re: Dillon music

Postby Matt Walters » Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:26 pm

First of all, yes there is a new website. Same address but leave off the "https:". I don't know why but that is what I have to do myself.

Now about used tubas:

Their used offerings have been declining in number for some months, not sure if it's supply/demand or a conscious choice to limit them.

Dillon Music is always looking for good trade-ins that we can re-sale at a profit with a quick enough turnover. We've been selling used tubas and euphoniums like crazy. That said, we don't have the space for overpriced oddballs to hog precious floor space that could be used selling something else. We'll also sell your horn on consignment if it is priced right. Sometimes I do say no to a consignment or trade-in when someone wants too much for their "Swinette" they paid a fortune for. But otherwise I do all I can to make a deal work for both parties.

Send me pictures and prices of what you want for your good used horns. The worse I can say is no, or counter offer. Send them to: matt at dillonmusic dot com
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
Owns old tubas that play better than what you have.
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Postby Aglenntuba » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Any info on this horn? http://www.dillonmusic.com/dillon-music ... rmationtab" target="_blank
A Chinese Thor under $5.5k? Is this too good to be true?
Aglenntuba
bugler
bugler

Postby eeflattuba » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:08 pm

From the person who started this thread I am thrilled that I was able to order a great mouthpiece at a really good price. Thanks Matt.I will let you know when it arrives. Great website, really easy to navigate. It is amazing how these threads can turn into something other than what was originally intended.
eeflattuba
bugler
bugler

Postby humBell » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:55 pm

Thanks for the authoritative update, and sorry to contribute so much speculation here.
Ol' et sock & tuba

Gonna see a man about a tuba...

(a tuba about a man... is a helicon)
humBell
3 valves
3 valves

Postby bloke » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:48 pm

Matt and Steve are (surely...??) the same as anyone who isn't dumb:

They don't want their precious space to be cluttered with unsellable/overpriced "curiosities", and neither do they wish to receive daily phone calls/emails from the owners of those "curiosities" asking whether it sold today.
bloke
musician/technician/innovator
musician/technician/innovator

Previous

Return to TubeNet