Shelf System to store Tuba(s)

The bulk of the musical talk
DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Shelf System to store Tuba(s)

Post by DouglasJB »

I have been debating for a little while about building a shelf to store my horns, currently only 2 horns and other misc. horns and cases for everything. Has anyone done this? What size did you build it? I am a supervisor at a Building Supply Company so lumber is cheap to come by. Feel free to post pictures if desired.
jtuba
pro musician
pro musician

Re: Shelf System to store Tuba(s)

Post by jtuba »

Olka’s look like they may be these:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/edsal-72-in-H- ... it/1000525" target="_blank

I have a couple in my garage, never thought to use the for tuba. I like the idea and if I ever get e dedicated tuba room I’ll try it out.
Adjunct Tuba Professor, Christopher Newport University
Eastman Artist

DouglasJB
4 valves
4 valves

Re: Shelf System to store Tuba(s)

Post by DouglasJB »

I haven't decided if I want to store then Vertically for Horizontally yet, the shelf from Lowes looks good, but the dimensions would not work for my CC. Chris Olka's videos are what got me thinking about doing this. Whatever I build I want to be able to add on to and store as much as I can on. The corner for the room I will be using will give me 84" from the corner to the light switch, and from the corner to the window is 43", i am look at making an "L" shape about 20-24" deep. Also something to note is I am about to audition for a Service band in the next few months so there might need to be space for an extra horn or two and gig bags for everything. (I just need a bigger and/or empty room...)