Where to buy?

The bulk of the musical talk
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Where to buy?

Post by TheTuba »

Where to buy GENUINE Pernatucci mouthpieces?
Checked their website and Robert's tucci website, and directed me to some German website :evil: .

Please help!
Thanks! :tuba:
-Raghul
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.
bort
6 valves
6 valves

Re: Where to buy?

Post by bort »

Baltimore Brass is one place. Tucci's site should have a list of US vendors, which includes other places as well.
Heavy_Metal
5 valves
5 valves

Post by Heavy_Metal »

Which PT are you looking for?
Principal tuba, Bel Air Community Band
Old (early 1900s?) Alexander BBb proto-163
1976 Sonora (B&S 101) 4-rotor BBb
1964 Conn 20J/21J BBb (one body, both bells)
1970s Marzan Slant-rotor BBb
~1904 York 3P BBb Helicon
Old Alex Comp.F, in shop
TheTuba
3 valves
3 valves

Post by TheTuba »

I'm just looking in general, not really aiming for anything right now.

-Raghul
I would put a good signature here, but i dont have one, so this will make do.
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Donn »

TheTuba wrote: Please help!
Well, I'll do what I can.

"GENUINE Pernatucci mouthpieces?" What does that mean? Taking for granted that you really meant "Perantucci", there are multiple possible interpretations of "GENUINE", but it seems to me that anything made under the auspices of the corporate entity known as "Perantucci" would certainly qualify. That's a particularly interesting question in the US, where Mr. Tucci, who apparently controls that brand elsewhere, has introduced a new "Robert Tucci" brand in the US and connected that to the everywhere-else Perantucci brand, while Custom Music offers a "Perantucci" brand that is reportedly now completely independent of the everywhere-else Perantucci ... though they may have older generation stock. Seems to me the mouthpieces that come out of any of these sources, can reasonably qualify as "genuine Perantucci".

It isn't clear to me what the problem was with the German site. You should be aware that quite a few other mouthpieces are made in Germany these days - I believe Conn and Denis Wick, as well as popular German brands like Faxx and Josef Klier - and if there's anything to national origin as an index of quality, my impression is that German mouthpieces should be highly recommended. The decision to continue the brand as a German entity, but with a different US brand, has some unfortunate aspects, but it shouldn't be hard to sort this out.

If the problem is just that the web page was in the German language, next time, look for a couple national flags in the upper right, a black yellow and red one that represents Germany, and a blue red and white one that you may recognize as the emblem of the UK (England.) Select the latter, and you'll get a new page in the English language. It will list dealers ... for everywhere but the US, for which you'd need to check the robert-tucci site.
EMC
4 valves
4 valves

Post by EMC »

Perantucci mouthpieces have become, Robert Tucci and MrP mouthpieces which are virtually the same id imagine, so you might want to look into those and if not I'm sure you can find people willing to sell their old ones or try ebay
Ken Crawford
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Ken Crawford »

Just buy a Laskey. They're all genuine.
rperrym
bugler
bugler

Post by rperrym »

Just got a PT 36 from Custom Music, looks just like the PT 88 I bought from them a few years ago.
Miraphone gold brass 186
Wessex Grand 692-S