Inexpensive cut-away mouthpieces Bookmark and Share

The bulk of the musical talk

Inexpensive cut-away mouthpieces

Postby happyroman » Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:15 pm

As a disclaimer, I have no association with this company, other than as a customer. Anyone interested in an inexpensive solution to finding a cutaway mouthpiece can find them here. It appears that they are using 3-D printing technology to make these. I ordered one today, and if anyone is interested, will post a review after I receive it.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/HV6RM ... li=ostatus
Andy
happyroman
3 valves
3 valves

Re: Inexpensive cut-away mouthpieces

Postby the elephant » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:10 pm

Cool. I like stuff like this when it is well made. I just bought one (purple) and it will be made on the 20th. I opted for the cheapest shipping. Hopefully it will arrive here sometime prior to my natural death due to old age, heh, heh...

When you get yours, post a thread about it. I will post a review, too, in that thread, and we can compare. OOOOHHHH, I'M SO EXCITED!!! (I kid, of course. HA!)

Thanks for the link. I bookmarked the front page. I hope this is not some piece of junk, but you know, it is pretty inexpensive and could end up becoming a useful tool. My all-metal BERP is too small for the receivers I have on my work horns and the plastic ones sort of suck, so this may be a better solution than to cut away an old mouthpiece. Maybe not, but it is worth a shot.

Wade
Gluten-Free slide grease: Can it cure chronic irregularity? Film at eleven.
the elephant
Papa Legba
Papa Legba

Return to TubeNet