Gvido

The bulk of the musical talk
Mark

Gvido

Post by Mark »

https://us.gvidoscore.com/?gclid=EAIaIQ ... gJZmPD_BwE

Has anyone actually seen one of these? Does anyone actually own one of these?
tyrell1111
bugler
bugler

Re: Gvido

Post by tyrell1111 »

They had a setup at the Midwest conference this year. It looked pretty cool. Basically a foldable kindle or nook, just score sized. I liked the product and the demo they showed me was really cool, but the price was not.
B.M.E. - Wartburg College (2018)
4v BBb Martin Mammoth
Mark

Post by Mark »

tyrell1111 wrote:They had a setup at the Midwest conference this year. It looked pretty cool. Basically a foldable kindle or nook, just score sized. I liked the product and the demo they showed me was really cool, but the price was not.
I just don't understand who they think is going to buy it at that price.
thejester10276
bugler
bugler

Post by thejester10276 »

Well, if you can't afford the product itself, may I direct your attention to the $300 strips of leather or the $300 buttons for sale... :roll:
Mark

Post by Mark »

thejester10276 wrote:Well, if you can't afford the product itself, may I direct your attention to the $300 strips of leather or the $300 buttons for sale... :roll:
So, for a fully equipped Gvido with tax and shipping would only be about $2,500. I'll take three!
David A. Goldfarb
bugler
bugler

Post by David A. Goldfarb »

I'm fine with my 6x9" iPad, foot pedal, and FourScore, but my wife, a pianist, has been looking for something like this. One small screen, or even the larger screen of her Surface, isn't enough for her church gig, where she might be reading scores with the piano and vocal part together, and there are lots of repeated verses that go back two or three pages. Not having to deal with the thick binders would also be a plus for her. Maybe we'll wait for a less expensive more mass produced version.
twitter: @GoldfarbTbone
1958 BBb Martin "Mammoth"
& a handful of 'bones
Mark

Post by Mark »

David A. Goldfarb wrote:Maybe we'll wait for a less expensive more mass produced version.
Yes. If they would sell this for the same price as the large iPad, they would probably sell a lot. At the current price, not so many.
tubapix
bugler
bugler

Post by tubapix »

Found this. It has asingle and a double version

https://www.padformusician.com/en/" target="_blank
1989 Yamaha YBB 641 (4R)
1938 King 1236 Symphony Eb (4P) w/Monster Bell
1927 Buescher Eb Tuba
1940 Pan American 58C Eb Alto Horn
Mark