Teele advanced embouchre studies

The bulk of the musical talk
griffinwilson
bugler
bugler

Teele advanced embouchre studies

Post by griffinwilson »

Today I just started working on the teele advanced embouchre studies for bass trombone because a bass bone friend of mine has made tremendous progression in just a few months using this routine. I just want to know if any of you use this, and if it has given you success on the tuba?
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Re: Teele advanced embouchre studies

Post by PMeuph »

I only do Day#4 :wink: :wink: but that has worked wonders for me.... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Honest comment, these studies can bring you to the brink of passing it, but if you struggle with low range, I swear that 3 months of doing them properly will change your playing.

Ask your teacher for advice, and do not stick on all the details, some of the embouchure concepts might not work for you on tuba.
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

I'll ask the question:
What makes these "embouchure" studies any more than any other set of exercises (scales!?), or studies?
I can understand a "range" study, "technical" study, "flexibility" study, etc etc.
Seems like an odd title...
No slight intended to the composer in case it needs saying.
Peach
PMeuph
5 valves
5 valves

Post by PMeuph »

Peach wrote:I'll ask the question:
What makes these "embouchure" studies any more than any other set of exercises (scales!?), or studies?
I can understand a "range" study, "technical" study, "flexibility" study, etc etc.
Seems like an odd title...
No slight intended to the composer in case it needs saying.
Phil Teele is The Bass trombonist in LA, not really a composer.

I'll assume you haven't looked at the booklet. It's only 17 pages with the front and back covers. There are only 9 pages with music and there are about 15-20 sentences with tips (don't shift your embouchure, use the letter M...etc)

It's written in a goofy font, there are no melodies, no dynamics, very little material.

The first day is basically just play 300 pedal whole notes....(20 on each pitch and then down a semi-tone)

Example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-FclV1L2OU" target="_blank
Yamaha YEP-642s
Boosey & Hawkes 19" Bell Imperial EEb
Peach
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Peach »

Correct - I have never seen the book.
Does look interesting.
Thanks for the info!