ordering from McMaster/Carr

The bulk of the musical talk
Dan Schultz
TubaTinker
TubaTinker

Re: ordering from McMaster/Carr

Post by Dan Schultz »

Me too. I order stuff late Saturday evening and often have it on Monday. I've been buying from them for well over forty years. I sort of miss the 'big yellow catalog' but their website is always updated and accurate.
Dan Schultz
"The Village Tinker"
http://www.thevillagetinker.com" target="_blank
Current 'stable'... Rudolf Meinl 5/4, Marzan (by Willson) euph, King 2341, Alphorn, and other strange stuff.
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Post by Matt Walters »

If I order by 10:30 in the morning, I usually have it later the same day. Amazing what they have in stock.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
Owns old tubas that play better than what you have.
Three Valves
6 valves
6 valves

Post by Three Valves »

Yet Amazon can't send anything within five days UNLESS you pay extra for Prime...

I hate them more every day.
I am committed to the advancement of civil rights, minus the Marxist intimidation and thuggery of BLM.
tubasoldier
lurker
lurker

Post by tubasoldier »

I was a systems engineer at a Department of Energy facility and McMaster-Carr was my go to pace to find most of the parts I needed. The best part was that I could download the CAD file and directly plug the part into my CAD drawing. It saved me loads of time.

I've often thought about how useful a place like McMaster-Carr would be to a musical instrument repairman. I'm sure it's a great resource.