regenerative

The bulk of the musical talk
Tim Jackson
bugler
bugler

Re: regenerative

Post by Tim Jackson »

Yes!!! and I would rather play one gig where I create something on the fly than playing 2 gigs where all I do is strive to play what someone else created perfectly. Here's what most weeks look like for me... 4/12 & 13 (duo & trio) tropical theme convention - I play steel drum-get to solo and create back background lines, 4/14 Large wedding - play walk-around jazz/tuba during cocktails then electric on the party music. 4/20 New Olreans Jazz Quartet - convention social, 4/21 large wedding -start with our brass band then party music. I am the leader on most of my work and contract/agent direct to the buyer. So 2 -3 gigs a week plus supporting office work is my work week! So plenty of time to play dem tubas. To rest my lips... current project - building some kitchen cabinets for one of my investment properties.

For me... this is the life! I am so blessed.

Tim
for those that like to list tools:
Nirschl 4/4
York 6/4
Real Miraphone 186 CC 5U
Y 621 F
5 sousas
Fender Jazz '84 - Eden amp with 410 cab
Pullman German carved upright bass 3/4 (for once in my life I have a great bass!) est. value $15000
numerous t-bones and related brass
Van full of sound system
20 years of collected pop library (8-10 piece pop horn band)
vintage snare drum & cymbal collection
Every woodworking tool known to man!
And most importantly God has blessed me with a wonderful family!
Donn
6 valves
6 valves

Re: regenerative

Post by Donn »

Just got back from what I suppose is the closest I'm going to get to playing in a New Orleans style jazz funeral parade, 2,500 miles from that city. Turned out that the guest of honor was not local and had presumably been interred some time back, and all we had was a picture and a half dozen friends & family. Walked around the neighborhood, on the sidewalks (only slight sousaphone interference from overhanging branches etc.)

Anyway, I usually don't bring any written charts when I play with this crowd, but did today, and sometimes I looked at them.