Upcoming tour in Wales and England

The bulk of the musical talk
davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler
Location: My Old Kentucky Home in Marietta, GA (or little England way beyond Wales)

Upcoming tour in Wales and England

Post by davidgilbreath »

One of my groups (Sons of Jubal and Jubal Brass) will be heading to Wales and England from 27 April through 6 May on a musical mission tour. Venues thus far include St. David's Hall in Cardiff, Coventry Cathedral, John Newton's parish church in Olney (St. Peter and St. Paul), Royal Albert Hall and about 15+ churches and schools from Cardiff to London.

Even though I toured Israel in 2015 with my 1925 Conn 28J Monster without incident, my group offered to rent two BBb's for my section mate and me. Latest word from the equipment vendor (who received a list of horns from me) is that Besson 994 Sovereigns are likely to be the horns, subject to availability. Despite not having my American classic with me, I must admit that not worrying about damage (even though I insurance) is worth leaving it at home. Irrespective of the make of the rented horn, I am thrilled to be part of this.

Any prayers for a successful mission would be most welcome from the TubeNet family.

David Gilbreath
". . . and madly he played . . . "
David Gilbreath
1925 Conn New Wonder Monster Front Action BBb
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v

mariettapopsorchestra.org
Matt Walters
The Tuba Whisperer
The Tuba Whisperer

Re: Upcoming tour in Wales and England

Post by Matt Walters »

Make sure the Besson 994 BBb tuba takes standard American shank instead of the smaller bass trombone size that older Bessons used.
Matt Walters
Last chair tubist
Who Cares What Ensemble
Owns old tubas that play better than what you have.
davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler
Location: My Old Kentucky Home in Marietta, GA (or little England way beyond Wales)

Post by davidgilbreath »

Way ahead of you, brother Matt, but thank you, sir.
:)
David Gilbreath
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v

davidgilbreath
bugler
bugler

Post by davidgilbreath »

Mike Johnson (Mike Johnson Custom) confirmed what my research found, "Besson have had US sized receivers since 1980".
David Gilbreath
c. 1938 York 716 BBb 4v