Shout out to Chris Hite and Buddy Rogers

The bulk of the musical talk
ASTuba
pro musician
pro musician

Shout out to Chris Hite and Buddy Rogers

Post by ASTuba »

I'm not one into thanking people publicly, as there are many great people that we get to work with in the tuba sales, repair, and mouthpiece world. When I hear the horror stories of my friends and colleagues that don't deal with great people like we have, it makes me really happy that tuba players are generally nice people. However, this weekend, Chris Hite went out of his way.

I've been trying to find a better set up for a tuba I've owned for a bit of time, as the current mouthpiece stable I have just wasn't the right match. I have been looking for a few mouthpieces which were suggested to me by some friends. Chris Hite from Buddy Rogers Music was at the Mid West Regional Conference, and went over and tried a bunch of mouthpieces out on the model of tuba. In the end, his recommendation to me was a mouthpiece that his company didn't carry, which goes to show just what a class act he is.

I've known Chris for a long time, as he and I both did a lot of work with Lee Stofer for years. It says something though when a representative from a company will openly tell you that there's a better fit for you in something that we don't offer. We are lucky to have people like Chris out there.
Slamson
bugler
bugler

Re: Shout out to Chris Hite and Buddy Rogers

Post by Slamson »

I'll second that - Chris sold me a mouthpiece, gave me all the support I needed. I'll be going "brick and mortar" next time I'm going through Cincy!
sorry, I don't do signatures.
Roger Lewis
pro musician
pro musician

Post by Roger Lewis »

Chris is a class act and a sweetheart of a guy.

Roger
"The music business is a cruel and shallow trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson
Lee Stofer
4 valves
4 valves

Post by Lee Stofer »

From my perspective, the Midwest Regional TEC was a great event, and I was happy to be able to partner with Buddy Roger's Music for the exhibit. Chris is successful because of three things; knowledge and wisdom gained through years of experience in the music business, and a strong moral compass. With Buddy Roger's emergence into the tuba world as dealers in Robert Tucci mouthpieces, and two or three lines of tubas and euphoniums, and Chris doing repairs as well as sales, I can see Cincinnatti becoming a destination for tuba and euphonium players.
Lee A. Stofer, Jr.